We’ve been bombarded with the news recently about the Coronavirus and the different types of flu.
While the news can be overwhelming and often downright scary, it’s important to remember that with proper cleaning procedures through your office or facility, you can help stop the spread of these viruses with some basic procedures.
WHAT IS THE CORONAVIRUS?
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), “Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). A novel coronavirus (nCoV) is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans.”
Coronaviruses are zoonotic which means that they are transmitted between animals and people.
The most common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties. In more severe cases, the infection can progress to furthermore severe illnesses.
How can you prevent spreading these viruses in your office?
Most of us know that cleanliness and simple hand washing can help prevent the spreading of all viruses. But what action items can you take for your business?
- Allow employees to stay home when they are genuinely sick.
- Make sure employees are washing their hands, post signage in restrooms – as hands should be washed with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Make sure your soap dispensers are filled with 70% alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap is not available or add these as an addition around the office.
- Regularly clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces, desks, doorknobs, mouse, and keyboard.
- Schedule regular janitorial maintenance cleanings and work with a company for upkeep of cleaning and virus prevention.
Why are scheduled maintenance cleanings so important to your business?
- A clean workplace is a healthy workplace!
- Dust can lead to respiratory issues.
- First impressions matter for business.
- Increases work productivity and efficiency.
- Improves customer satisfaction.
If you aren’t already keeping up on regularly scheduled cleanings within your office or facility, you can easily schedule a completely free cleaning assessment of your facility right now by clicking here. We’ll go through your goals, biggest concerns, and provide you with a free quote.
From Indianapolis and Fort Wayne to Merrillville, Valparaiso, and Lafayette, our team can take the stress work off of you and keep your facility clean!